What we offer
We have a range of different types of therapy here at the Michael Palin Centre which helps us to give you the support that you need.
Your first appointment will be an assessment which lasts for a morning or an afternoon. Depending on your age, you may be asked to attend with your parents or on your own.
At the end of the assessment, next steps will be discussed. This may be:
1. Therapy with your local Speech & Language Therapist, with a review at the Michael Palin Centre in 6 months
2. Individual therapy at the Michael Palin Centre
3. Group therapy here at the Michael Palin Centre
Every summer the Michael Palin Centre runs a 2-week group therapy programme for young people who stammer. The next one will run from Monday 18th July to Friday 29th July 2016.
The course is for people who:
- Want to work on managing their stammer more successfully;
- Are between 15-19 years of age;
- Are able to attend every day, from 10am – 3.30pm, Monday – Friday, for the entire 2 week programme (this is not a course that people can dip in and out of); and
- Have met with one of the therapists at the Michael Palin Centre and it has been agreed that the course would be suitable. Please note that the course is not always recommended as the best option, and other options may be discussed when people come to the Centre for an assessment.
I’m interested. What do I do next?
- Click here to read more about the course
- Call the Centre on 020 3316 8100 for more information about the course
- Click here for a form that a parent can use to refer you to the Michael Palin Centre
- Click here to watch a short video clip about the course